Week 8 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Linda231

Re: Week 8 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Good Friday Morning to ya all. Completed w8r3 this morning. :lol: My lower back is still hurting while running. Hope it's not gonna do that every time. Was a little humid, my glasses fogged up quite a bit. I am still wondering why this is not something I can't wait to do. I honestly dread it each time, could be the discomfort with the back i guess. It would be so nice since I need to do this for my health, if it would become something I really like doing. Although I am very proud of myself. Now to rest up on the weekend and get ready for Monday. Through out all my runs from start to finish, I have rested on the off days with no running in between. I really believe that has helped me a lot. With my back hurting now, I'm glad I took the rest. Missing all my buddies, where are you and whats going on? Hope all is well, and that you recover quickly. ;)
Linda
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Way to go! One week and you're graduated. I'm waiting to see if I can run on Sunday - I think the actual joint is damaged though and if it is not possible to run I'll be rushing off to see my GP next week.
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Well done Linda, we are not worthy!!! Lol. This time next week you'll be finished!
Robin, keeping everything crossed for you that Sunday goes well. For myself, I was thinking of going out for a short run, which may have turned into wk7run1,today, but I've been busy all day, and just at the moment I was thinking of going, the rain came lashing down, and, as I'm still not 100% fit, I decided not to take the risk. I'll definitely be back out on Monday though, if not before.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Thanks, you guys are great! I am struggling with each run, my lower back hurts some, but I think it's gonna hurt no matter what I do. Hope it don't stop me from running regularly. I had a bone density scan back in Feb, the results were I have osteopenia (pre osteoporosis) and one of my hips the bone is thinner than the other hip. I'm doing every thing right I know to do, calcium, vit D, and now running (shuffling) he! he! We're all just falling apart :lol: Hoping you both get well soon, but I would not push it if your not feeling well, as it could make it worse. Hope your having a great Saturday.
Linda :P
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Booked to see my GP tomorrow morning as my knee is just getting worse and it is nearly two weeks since W7R3. I am getting very frustrated at not being able to get out to run which is an absolute revelation to me.
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Good luck Robin, I hope your knee is going to be ok, let us know how it goes. I plan to begin wk 7 tomorrow but with nearly 2weeks gone since I did wk6, I don't know if I'll be able to do it.
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

I'm sorry to say, my online running pals, that my birthday present today is not to graduate (which was my aim a couple of weeks ago) but to be told by my GP that (as I sort of expected) I have damaged/torn my left medial meniscus (cartilage on the inside of the knee). In my twenties I did this on my right knee so knew deep down what it was.

I'm now to going to be booked to see a physio prior to probably having surgery to repair so sadly I am off the programme for the forseeable future. I am gutted.
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Oh gosh Robin! What awful news.hope you get better as fast as possible, stay in touch and let us know how it's going, and when your back. What am I going to do now as the only Brit boy of our group?
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Mr Nibbler wrote:I'm sorry to say, my online running pals, that my birthday present today is not to graduate (which was my aim a couple of weeks ago) but to be told by my GP that (as I sort of expected) I have damaged/torn my left medial meniscus (cartilage on the inside of the knee). In my twenties I did this on my right knee so knew deep down what it was.

I'm now to going to be booked to see a physio prior to probably having surgery to repair so sadly I am off the programme for the forseeable future. I am gutted.
Robin, you'll be back once your rebuilt ;) You'll be better than ever, so think positive . I am so glad we can all keep in touch on Facebook. I've got issues now too, I've not ran all week, due to my back. Not sure what's going on with it, but I'm a little disappointed. Seems we are all just falling apart :roll: Except for Sue, she is doing awesome! So proud of her. Hoping I can run with her in The Color Run this December,we'll see, keep your fingers crossed for me.
Wishing you and yours the best from across the Pond. :P
Linda
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Yes Sue is doing brilliantly - I am very jealous of the Color Run (you don't know how much it pains me not to write "colour"!). I know our parkruns are good but finishing up looking like a smurf on acid looks like such brilliant fun. I hope the pair of you marry up for the one near you both.