Wk8 r1 done

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Simongeorge

Wk8 r1 done

Post by Simongeorge »

I've battled to get this far, I only managed to run 1 run of wk 7 per week for the last two weeks, so as it had briefly stopped raining this afternoon, I set off, I decided to write off week 7 as a bad job and try wk 8. I set off at my usual snail pace, after 2 minutes I wanted to stop, at three minutes I had to stop for a moment to retie my shorts, at 10 minutes I really felt the need to stop but I pushed on to half way, then I just thought "I've survived this long I'm sure I can finish. And eventually I did. The only down side being, I ran on the local 5k route which is also a 2.5k and back again, and I was nowhere near the turn around point when I turned at the 14 minute mark. But nevermind, I'm sure that it'll happen eventually. Right now I just want to finish wks 8&9 properly, then I can spend time increasing pace.
How are all my running buddies doing?
Lauraeliza30

Re: Wk8 r1 done

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

I just saw this! I'm sorry, I am awful running buddy! Good for you on keeping at it and pushing through. Only by pushing through when we think we can't do we improve! Did you purposely untie your shorts just so you could stop to tie them? ;) Clever trick!!!!!! Don't worry about your distance, just keep at it and it will all come together. It is a slow process BUT it does happen!!!!!