First failed run! W7R3

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Anthonydi167

First failed run! W7R3

Post by Anthonydi167 »

Decided since its such a nice day today in London id venture out during the daylight hours for once!

Im suprised it didn't happen sooner actually, so im not discouraged at all really! its only going to make me try again!
I had to stop at 20 minutes in, i felt like i had run out of energy, thankfully no pain however i just had nothing left in me and didn't want to damage myself in some way :lol:

I think i made 1 crucial mistake, i didnt have much in the way of water before i began my run, i found myself gasping after 10 minutes in, not being used to running in the heat, ill try again either this evening, or tomorrow, don't ever give up!

-Anthony :)
Simongeorge

Re: First failed run! W7R3

Post by Simongeorge »

Don't you just love the British climate, last week freezing and splashing through puddles, this week baking hot. It's not surprising you struggled a bit, we're just not used to running in heat. I think you've nailed the answer though, stay hydrated and don't give up.
Courtney24107

Post by Courtney24107 »

Yea that's what happens to me too when I decide not to drink enough water in the day :p thanks for sharing!
Charlotte9597

Post by Charlotte9597 »

You can do it! I just did w7 r1 this morning. This way the heat wasn't too bad. Easier for me to say this week as don't need to rush out the door to work this week, so next week won't find it so easy if the heat still here. But water and pace. Well done though you know you will achieve it next time.