First 5k finished

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Jbutler

First 5k finished

Post by Jbutler »

So some may recall My first 5k was an obstacle course on a mountain www.toughmountain.com It took me an hour and twenty minutes, but I finished it. It was more climbing than running, so I decided to do a true road 5k the next day. I finished in 33'10 which isn't that bad. My pace has slowly been improving since I finished the program two weeks ago. I started out at around 13 min/mile, last week I managed 11'30, and this last race was about 10'40. Overall I'm pleased with myself. Can't wait to be able to do it in less than 30 minutes!

Keep up all the good work. You can finish!
Simongeorge

Re: First 5k finished

Post by Simongeorge »

Great job ! Hopefully now I've completed the program I can follow you in improving my time.
Jbutler

Post by Jbutler »

Great job! I'm on the search for a good 10k app, I liked the encouragement with get running that I can't find in other apps.
Chrissyteacup

Post by Chrissyteacup »

Well done looks a rather ambisous first 5 k don't think is manage all those uphills :)
Petra

Post by Petra »

For a 10k app you can use the 'Bridge to 10K' app. I don't know on what platforms it is available, I have it on an iPhone. It's not as nice as the Get Running app, the commands are very basic: "Run". "Walk". "Cool down". That's about it.... But it works well.