Landmarks!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Jayney86

Landmarks!

Post by Jayney86 »

One thing I have found that has really helped me get through my runs is running to landmarks... It keeps me really focused- and boy do I need it! I find that if my mind wanders I start to struggle, but by keeping that landmark in view it seems much easier!

I'm about to start week three and am really nervous about the three minutes! Not sure I can keep up the pace!
Simongeorge

Re: Landmarks!

Post by Simongeorge »

I find that interesting because I find the total opposite, by focusing on a point I get cheesed off because I don't get there as quickly as I think I should, but if I let my mind wander, I'm there before I realise it. Psychology is a funny thing isn't it? Everyone is different!
Good luck with the rest of the programme.
TTGirl1960

Re: Landmarks!

Post by TTGirl1960 »

I'm with you Janey I focus on a point and do my damdest to get there - I don't always make it but it does help a lot. I am dead chuffed as tonight I ran 8 mins for the first time and I managed it by focussing on landmarks - well trees actually ;) Good luck with rest of the programme!