Gutted!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Chazabelle

Gutted!

Post by Chazabelle »

I am so disappointed in myself. I'm in my final week and just did run 1 of week 9. I was determined to get to the 5k in my 30 mins and really pushed myself but just didn't manage it. Finished at 4.77k! Devastated!
Plummy

Re: Gutted!

Post by Plummy »

I've just finished week 9 and I'm the same as you. I have done 2.75 miles in 30 mins just couldn't speed up to get the 3.1 miles. I managed 3 miles in 33 mins the other day but yesterday only managed 2.6 miles. Each day seems to be different. What we have achieved is massive we've just got to work on speeding up a little, slowly we'll get there I'm sure. Just think what we were doing 9 weeks ago, trying to run for 1 min without stopping!! Now we can run for half an hour. :D :D
starknut

Post by starknut »

You're doing great, don't worry about speed right now! Like Plummy said, you're running for half an hour and that's no small feat in itself.
Jbutler

Post by Jbutler »

Don't be too harsh on yourself. I've been finished with the program for about a month now and I still can't run a 5k in 30 minutes. I have however run a 5k every weekend since I finished (without walking nonetheless). My times have ranged from about 31 minutes to 35 minutes, slowest on my first 5k and also on a very hot day.

Keep working at it, you're in a better place than you were 9 weeks ago!
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Oh, please don't talk bad about your runs!! I've just finished run 1 of week 9 yesterday and run 2 is tomorrow. I am so proud of myself people are tired of me telling them how awesome I am! I haven't gotten to the 3 mile mark very often either, but I think after the program ends, I will re-do week 9 a few more times until I increase my stamina. To make it this far is the most remarkable thing I've done in years! Think about where we were in week 1! You are awesome too!
Chazabelle

Post by Chazabelle »

Aw thanks for the support guys! I appreicate it! And you are all right we have come such a long way in such a short amount of time! I would never in my life have thought I could run non stop for 30 minutes - never mind enjoy it! I think I am just my own worst critic! But I think it has helped my determination because tonight I did 4.93km. Still not quite the 5k but I have my last run of the programme at the weekend and I would be delighted if I could hit that 5km on that last run! Here's hoping!!