3 weeks off

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Plummy

3 weeks off

Post by Plummy »

I finished week 9 about the middle of August just before going on my 2 week holiday. I was determined to run while away but when I got to Devon and saw the steep hills I thought I'd just do a bit of swimming (I live in East Anglia no hills!!).
I then came down with a rotten bug and ended up not running for 3 weeks in total actually no exercise for 3 weeks at all really.
I was really apprehensive about running again but I managed 30 mins ( 3x 10 mins with 1 min intervals) I admit that my muscles ached for a few days but I can still run, I was worried I'd have to start again.
I am now running 6k each time in about 40 mins, still can't get 5k within 30 mins but I'm getting better.
This app is fantastic,I am 48 and haven't run since school, 3 months ago I had trouble running for 1 min now I am amazed at what I have achieved.
Keep it up everyone it does work you can get there and it's great when you do. :D
Chrissyteacup

Re: 3 weeks off

Post by Chrissyteacup »

Good to hear your still at it plummy I've gotten behind, on week 8 now, and invested in another app called zombies run! So funny! I'd be put off by big hills still can't get my head round the fact that I can now run for 28 mins a credit to this app and it's creators :)