So emotional!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Tryingtorunmum

So emotional!!

Post by Tryingtorunmum »

I watch London marathon and I cry and cry watching them all finish I feel so proud of them and I cannot run! I've taken the step today to really really try and completed w1r1 with no problems so I hope I can stick to it. Just reading a post about motivation rewards and I had a lump in my throat reading them?!!! I think if I ever get to run anything of significant distance I will be a bubbling wreck!! My motivation I think I to run in memory of my dad who we lost 2 years ago to cancer :0(. I'd always said it would be my husband who would do a run to raise some money but he's done his ankle in so I think well I want to do it! Does anyone else get emotional like that??
starknut

Re: So emotional!!

Post by starknut »

I don't really get "emotional" as in "crying" but I do feel quite proud of myself and the progress I've made. Running was something that always intimidated me, I was too scared to make the effort and try because I was afraid I would fail. I was worried it would be too difficult. Basically, running scared the poop out of me! After I had my son, which everyone said would be so difficult and scary - all told, I actually found the whole experience quite empowering - I thought that if I could do that, I could do anything. So I just went out and started running. I went from running half a mile in short intervals to running two miles in short intervals. :lol: Not really the progress I was looking for! So I tried Get Running. I remember after the 20 minute run, breaking out in goosebumps despite my sweat and the heat of the day. It was an amazing moment!

Others will back me up on this: if you keep up the effort, running will change your entire life. Maybe you lose weight, maybe you find inner strength and motivation you didn't know was there, whatever it is it will absolutely have a positive impact in your life.

Good luck in the next nine weeks! We are all rooting for you!
Jbutler

Post by Jbutler »

I don't get to the blubbering wreck, but I easily could if I let myself. The two most recent emotional events were the first time I ran a 5k in under 30 minutes and the first time I ran a 10 k in under an hour.
Digbycat

Post by Digbycat »

I'm afraid I've found this whole process unbelievably emotional. Almost tears when I didn't manage w5r1 it's was my husbands fault I'm much better alone. Then actual tears when I fell massively at the 20 minute mark of my first 25 min run. Tears again when I achieved my first 25 min run. I know I'm pathetic.

So believe me if you cry at watching other runners there's plenty of tears to come but this time at your own achievements.

Best of luck you'll hear this a million times but if I can do it anyone can. It really works.

D x
wobbly

Post by wobbly »

I'm the same - I feel so happy that I'm actually managing to do something I have deemed too difficult my whole life. Makes you wonder what else you can do! I'm only on wk 2, but feeling optimistic.