W2R1 success

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Timl2k10

W2R1 success

Post by Timl2k10 »

I had a really good run today. By that I mean I feel really good now 7 hours later. One thing I noticed, it is nice to start the runs slow and if things are going well you can pick up the pace on the last interval. It feels good to have some energy in reserve toward the end of the run and instead of feeling you can barely take another step. Also, I noticed I didn't sweat as badly this run, while part of that may have been the weather, RunKeeper showed my pace was the slowest yet, looks like my running intervals were in 13:00 range (4.5-4.8 mph). When I was a novice, I never would have thought to run that slow, I mean if someone told me "Run 4.5 mph" I would have said, "Yeah right I might as well walk!"
Bought new shoes after the run, the ones I had were really worn out! Running on the treadmill at the store the difference was night and day -- so much more comfortable. Can't wait for my next run!
Toadie

Re: W2R1 success

Post by Toadie »

Well done! New running shoes are the best :)
Timl2k10

Post by Timl2k10 »

Run 2 was actually too easy! There were various factors, new shoes (the ones I had were way past their prime), cooler weather and initially slight calf cramping which made me decide to keep it slow. RunKeeper indeed shows I ran slower this time, <4.5mph. I'd like to run closer to 5mph (and eventually 6) but I am more than 40 pounds overweight, maybe after I've lightened up a bit! When the weather cools off in Florida, it's great! I didn't have to run straight into the shower this time. :mrgreen:
Timl2k10

Post by Timl2k10 »

On my last W2 run I tried a little harder and was rewarded with this from runkeeper:
Toadie

Post by Toadie »

Haha, nice one! Well done!