Week 3 run 1

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Prkwy

Week 3 run 1

Post by Prkwy »

Just completed W3R1 and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I kept my normal pace for the 1.5 minute runs and slowed down on the 3 minute runs. Turned out well. On my next run I will try and keep the same pace on both run segments. We'll see. I hope you all have a great run!
Prkwy

Re: Week 3 run 1

Post by Prkwy »

W3r2 went well. I did the first 1.5 run at little faster pace than normal, felt reall good and strong. First 3.5 at regular pace. Than the last 1.5 & 3.5 at regular pace. Let some calf cramp starting, slowed down a bit and it worked itself out. Stretching now. Some walking tomorrow then tackle the last of W3 Monday! Enjoy your run!
Prkwy

Re: Week 3 run 1

Post by Prkwy »

W3r3 done! I tried my idea of running a faster pace for the 1.5 min run and regular pace for the 3 min run. Worked ok for first one, but I dropped to the regular pace for both on 2nd. Just a bit sluggish today! But I still finished and ran the entire time! I am happy! Enjoy your run!