week3 run1 (mon-wed-fri)

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Linda231

week3 run1 (mon-wed-fri)

Post by Linda231 »

I completed all the runs but on the walks i stretched for 15-20 seconds. My breathing was hard, and my legs hurt quite a bit. It's getting tough :!: I would like to know how others are doing in the same weeks as me, and what are you doing to prepare yourself. What do you eat? Supplements, protein shakes, before, after, things that are working for you to help your body adjust. I am very excited about this program, but im also scared i cant do it. I'm really trying to equip myself.
benjohn

Re: week3 run1 (mon-wed-fri)

Post by benjohn »

Hi Linda,

The biggest thing I've found is really thorough stretching after the run, and any time between when you can without looking too conspicuous ;-) Also, massaging your muscles, ideally in a nice warm bath, will really help too.

If you're finding the progress is punishing, please feel free to slow the program down and run any week more than three times. I certainly ran some weeks for more than two weeks when I first went through! To do this, tap the week you want to run on the journey (rather than the week that is selected in blue that will be run by default), and then press on the "Run week …" button. It's much better to finish the program a little slower but injury free and really enjoying it!

I hope that's some help.

Happy running,
Benjohn