New Guy, and my week 1 run 1 !

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
chriskaraokeman

Re: New Guy, and my week 1 run 1 !

Post by chriskaraokeman »

Well, week one completed, and the Wife came with me today, which did help me. I really can't see how this is supposed to get any easier, but ain't giving up yet. We are going out for a good bike ride soon as well, that will help with stamina. :D
NeilHughes1

Post by NeilHughes1 »

Don't even think of giving up buddy, I started at 15.5 stone so probably exactly where you are now.
I actually really enjoy it now, I think my secret is that I combine it with other things that I love such as music and photography.

If you can run listening to the songs you like and appreciate the great outdoors by taking photos of your travels, I am sure you will sail through this. Don't give up and contact me any time if you even come close. :)
bex17

Post by bex17 »

I think it helps having yr wife there it keeps you going. I know when my hubby came with me I felt a bit better even tho I found it really hard. He found the run easy which peed me a little cos Im struggling so much but no dont you dare give up yet, its early days and it will get easier. (apparently) lol :D
chriskaraokeman

Post by chriskaraokeman »

Well I didn't start week 2 yesterday, as it was too hot :D
Just started it tonight, the first 3 runs were ok, the fourth and fifth were harder, and the sixth was a killer !
Still, no pain no gain :D
bex17

Post by bex17 »

Im repeating W2 as couldnt do it and felt rubbish for it, so I did run 1 of week2 and I managed it. Like you said I was the same. But we did it!!! pat on the back to us ;)