w9r3 - possible next steps input

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
LindaC

w9r3 - possible next steps input

Post by LindaC »

After starting the end of April, I finished my last run of the program today! Woo hoo! I'm actually amazed and surprised that I made it all the way through :) This run was harder than the one on Wednesday - maybe because of the higher temps/higher humidity or maybe just because. But my goal is always to finish strong with a smile on my face regardless of my slow or slower pace - and that I did!

So, to those who've finished - I'm wondering your thoughts about next steps since there's no next app by these wonderful guys yet. I need to increase speed and distance to actually run a 5K this fall so debating whether it's better to do the app again from week 1 or 2 or 3 and work on speed or to move on to another bridge to 10K app without the nice british woman. Thoughts? Thanks!
Simongeorge

Re: w9r3 - possible next steps input

Post by Simongeorge »

I have a week to go, then I intend to spend a couple of weeks just consolidating, running for 30 minutes at whatever pace, then I'm going to go for distance, slowly stretching out until I can do a little over 5k in a reasonable time. Actually theres an answer to this question on the graduate forum where they are a little more qualified to answer than us!
LindaC

Post by LindaC »

Thanks! I didn't even think to go there since I've been here for so long :) Love this forum - what a great compliment to the app.
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Linda! You've finished! Great job!! I had to take a few days off so just finished week 6 today. You have been so encouraging! I hope to keep seeing your posts here or when I get into the graduate forum!
Sheri