Back in The Saddle..

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
RJ1975

Back in The Saddle..

Post by RJ1975 »

I finished my W1RI this morning. The first 5 runs were cool but the last 3 were torture. I haven't been jogging since college but it felt good to back into it. All my breathing techniques came back to me, and I made sure to stretch like a mad man. I am going to take this one day at a time and hopefully as a treat to myself, if I can successfully complete week 1, I will treat myself to some new running shoes.

Thanks for this app, and thanks to all of your guys' forum posts and inspiration.

Take care.
Chrissyteacup

Re: Back in The Saddle..

Post by Chrissyteacup »

Welcome and good luck with your runs I highly recommend you get running shoes as not only so they help prevent injury but also once you've forked out something it helps keep that motivation :)
RJ1975

Post by RJ1975 »

Chrissyteacup wrote:Welcome and good luck with your runs I highly recommend you get running shoes as not only so they help prevent injury but also once you've forked out something it helps keep that motivation :)
I agree Chrissy! I am going to get them but the store hours prevents me from going until the weekend. Thanks again for the advice.

Ryan
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

Welcome to the forum! This spot is the best place for motivation and inspiration there is. When I first started I chose not to look ahead to what I was going to be expected to do and just ran one run at a time. The first week was hardest for me because the idea if running 8 runs was horrifying! :-) now I only run one longer run, but it's only 1 run! It's such a mind game... Enjoy your running and let us all know about the new shoes!
Sheri
RJ1975

Post by RJ1975 »

Not a runner-yet! wrote:Welcome to the forum! This spot is the best place for motivation and inspiration there is. When I first started I chose not to look ahead to what I was going to be expected to do and just ran one run at a time. The first week was hardest for me because the idea if running 8 runs was horrifying! :-) now I only run one longer run, but it's only 1 run! It's such a mind game... Enjoy your running and let us all know about the new shoes!
Sheri
Thank you Sheri! I'm trying not to look ahead but I must say that today's run was a little easier. Legs a little sore but expected. I'm walking around the office a little crazy. But I'm looking forward to some new shoes.

Have a great day.
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

You will do great!