My diary of couch to 5K

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
pphill

My diary of couch to 5K

Post by pphill »

I started using Get Running for the first time last year (march 2011) running around my local park but stopped during the winter because of it being dark by the time of day I was able to get out and run.

On 30th October 2012 I started running again only this time on the road so I had no reason to stop on the dark early nights, to my surprise my 18 year old daughter wanted to take up running so has joined me, we are only on week 2 (our last run of the week later today) but we are enjoying it and now her boyfriend has joined us this week so we have a good little group encouraging each other so hopefully this time I'll get to complete all nine weeks even if it does take us a little longer than nine weeks.
Even though our last run was hard, I think our pace was a little fast, I'm looking forward to the challenge of the longer runs.
I'll update you all on our progress as we go.
trine_f1

Re: My diary of couch to 5K

Post by trine_f1 »

So how far along are you. Starting W4? I am starting W4 this evening. It looks like it is going to be a tough one.
LinP

Post by LinP »

Go you! Isnt this programme brilliant. I feel better already after such a short time (6 runs). I'm glad you have someone to run with too. I think Isolde that one day but right now I'm enjoying the solitude (busy family) and being absorbed in the music and queues from the app. You'll be able to give each other a lot of encouragement though :)

Good luck as let us know how you get on. Are you on W4?

Lin x
pphill

Post by pphill »

Just finished week 4 starting week 5 now, first run of week 4 was hard but after finishing it I felt very proud that I managed it, strange to say thinking a few weeks ago I wasn't running at all but looking forward to my 3 x 5 minute runs.