Any other newby's out there?!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Nicola1

Re: Any other newby's out there?!

Post by Nicola1 »

Well, week 1 completed, never thought I'd manage it :-) also managed to increase the 3rd run to 1.5mins bum shuffle ( I cannot honestly call what I do a "run" ) and managed to continue the routine of 1.5mins jog and 2 mins walking until I'd reached a 5k circuit. To be honest at the half way mark I thought to myself what a stupid idea this was, but I continued to plod along until all of a sudden the ending was in sight, and I have never felt so chuffed with myself because there was no-one else encouraging me so the achievement was just down to me, and I even smiled to myself when I reached the car. Look forward to the run now on Sunday :-)
Lottie

Post by Lottie »

Evening all,

Sounds like everyone is doing so well - keep it up!

Finished W2R3 this evening - it was pretty great tbh, no problems throughout. As Altegolibby says though I couldn't do it without my music pushing me on. My legs were a little achey to begin with today but I soon got into the swing of it. Week 3 starts Monday, eek. I am a bit apprehensive about it but I've didn't think I'd manage this week so we'll see.

Happy running!
L :)
kaybee

Post by kaybee »

Finished week 1. And found a friend to jog with. Having fun. It was so cold and is snowing out now, yet I didn't feel cold during the run at all. Feeling great, let's see what next week brings, starting Sunday.
CharleyMe

Post by CharleyMe »

Oh my goodness my left hip is killing me today!
Did W2R2 yesterday evening and it was achy when I woke up but has just got worse and worse today :-(
Even driving home from work was painful and I was sat down! Hoping it eases off tomorrow before my next run cos I'm kinda hoping I can just man up a bit and push on.
Another thing to mention ladies..... Marks and Spencer's zip front sports bra is absolutely amazing! I'm an F and so obviously need quite a bit of support but thought I'd mention it for those with a larger bust!
Keep at it guys, be careful in the snow!
Charley x
CharleyMe

Post by CharleyMe »

Well that's week 2 complete.
I don't feel ready for week 3 really but if it goes rubbish I'll just repeat it :)
Got a stitch on my last run and swore under my breath for the majority of my walk home. I haven't had a stitch like that for years and it hurt!
Anyone still running? Where are you all?!
Charley x
kaybee

Post by kaybee »

I am here. just finished W2R1. Feels good. The first 45 seconds did feel easier than the second in each of the runs. Plus I turned around too early and ran out of path.... will have to make sure to make the run path a bit longer next time. It sure was cold out there today.
Altegolibby

Post by Altegolibby »

Hey y'all, finished week 2 yesterday. Not too bad. 2 days of rest seems like too much but I'm not going to question the process. It's been really nice weather wise here unlike some of y'all. Has been sunny and highs in the 80s F. Cold front coming though. Highs will be in mid 60s by Thurs. everybody take care.
CharleyMe

Post by CharleyMe »

Well done guys,
It's -2 degrees C here in England and is due to snow now so I'm not sure where or how I will run on Tuesday!
Keep at it and be careful :)
Charley x
Lottie

Post by Lottie »

Hi guys,

It's nice to see you're all still running despite the horrendous cold weather now - well done!!

I did W3R1 this afternoon and it was great! I was terrified of the 3 minute runs but the first one flew by, although the second one was a challenge. Also today for the first time my legs were painful from start to finish, particularly my shins, no idea what that was about but hopefully they'll be better on Wednesday. However it really was an enjoyable run because it was the first time I felt like I'd found a bit of rhythm which I think is the good thing about a slightly longer run than 1.5 mins :)

Hope everyone's still enjoying their runs!
L :)
kaybee

Post by kaybee »

Hi Lottie,
after reading your experience about week three, I look forward to it, especially the rythm part :-)
kaybee