Any other newby's out there?!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
kaybee

Re: Any other newby's out there?!

Post by kaybee »

W7R1 was ok. Was able to hold a conversation. speed is 10.5 mints per mile. Probably slow but it felt great, no side pain, no knee pain. Still got tired towards the end. So lots of stamina to build yet.
Altegolibby

Post by Altegolibby »

Just finished W8r2. Its slow but continuious so thats my goal for now...not stopping. I am pooped though. The last runs have been 28 minutes each, so it shoudnt be that hard to add 2 more. KB youre doing well! I only have 4 runs left. That is unbelievable to me.
kaybee

Post by kaybee »

so what's next?
Altegolibby

Post by Altegolibby »

HAha KB! I'm gonna try to work on increasing my speed. I was thinking I might start at the beginning of the app and jog during the walking portion and try to pick up the pace during the running portion. I'm not really interested right now in anything longer than 5k. Although once it starts to feel comfortable I may sign up for a race And then start thinking about longer distances... What are your plans? Even though I can do it, it's still a struggle so I want to work on being in better condition. Lets keep in touch. It would be fun to follow how you are doing. Aren't you excited about getting so far! :D
kaybee

Post by kaybee »

I signed up for a training in runkeeper that starts a couple of days after this app finishes. Where is the 10k app for GetRunning??? Alternatively, I agree, it would be great to start this one again and really work on speed. How can we stay in touch? my name is the same in runkeeper. It is minus 3 degrees C now..... and here I was hoping that Spring is around the corner.....
kaybee

Post by kaybee »

well I keep running but no "high" in sight, it feels pretty difficult to finish the 28 mints. Hope it gets better.
Altegolibby

Post by Altegolibby »

Only one run to go...just finished w9r2! I surprise myself that i have stuck with it. Today i tried disassociation, tried to separate my mind from my struggling body. Will take some practice. Keep posting yall. I hate to think that i'm the only one to finish the 9 weeks. KB, i know youre still out there, right? KB, do you tweet? You could post your progress and we could follow along. My 'name' is the same on twitter.
Altegolibby

Post by Altegolibby »

Started Jan 1st, did w9r3 on March 1st. I didnt miss a day. I never stopped during a run. I ran in the cold. I ran in the heat. I ran in the lightening and the pouring rain. I pushed through and now Im done! Finished! Finito!
What next? Well my plan (since 'get running' doesnt have a bridge to 10k) is to go back to the beginning. Yep, the beginning. Im going to work on increasing pace and to do that i will jog the 'walking' sections and run the 'running' sections. I just dont know what else to do, so thats my plan. The end is bittersweet since the goals now are a bit vague. Yall keep going. Its hard...but, in the end, the feeling of accomplishment makes it fun! ;) I guess Im finished but Im not done.
Am I a runner yet?
Altegolibby

Post by Altegolibby »

I forgot to tell yall, my husband and darling basset hound were waiting for me at the end. Brought a little tear to my eye.
kaybee

Post by kaybee »

congrats altegolibby!!!
I've been a good girl too and will just keep running three times a week for half an hour.
We did it!