Any other newby's out there?!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Frankie

Re: Any other newby's out there?!

Post by Frankie »

Great to read how you are progressing. Managed at last to complete Week 1. Snow is melting luckily and the enforced break did not affect my performance too much. ;) I was not struggling for breath as much as I had been. I am looking forward to get on with Week 2 runs, hopefully with no interruptions. I have been careful with my diet and have lost 3 lbs, so feeling pretty positive right now. Onwards and upwards!
kaybee

Post by kaybee »

Finished with week 3!!
But I feel that I am not ready for anything longer than 3 minutes. Will be absolutely pushing it. I had stiches today. The melted snow has turned to ice. Yikes. I did get faster though and my distance has decreased as a result. I suspect this will pick up next week, so I get at least 3 miles in a run. I have been hovering around 2.6 miles, today only 2.3.
On to the next!
Altegolibby

Post by Altegolibby »

Week 4 done! Thank goodness for beautiful weather, ice packs and 2 days rest! Looks like it was a full moon tonight. Sounds like some of y'all are able to get back out. Keep it up and let me know how you are feeling. :D
kaybee

Post by kaybee »

hi altegolibby,
did my first week 4 run. This time my legs burned.
It is starting to feel how it is supposed to.
You are heading into the bad fifth week :mrgreen:
Will we be able to do it?
CharleyMe

Post by CharleyMe »

Hello lovelies!
It finally rained and all the snow and deadly ice has gone! Wahoo!!!
I'm going to start running again tomorrow evening! I'm jumping back a week as I've missed 2 weeks now :( hopefully I will be back up to standard fairly quickly.
Well done all of you for sticking at it!
I'll be back on here tomorrow!
Charley x
Altegolibby

Post by Altegolibby »

Did first run of week 5 and it definitely was challenging but doable. I was certainly waiting for 'Sheila' to tell me 'only 10 seconds left. I love when she says that, don't you? :) I am concerned about the rest of the week... Thunderstorms forecast for Wednesday and I have to attend a conference dinner on Friday night at my usual running time. Oh we'll, I'll figure it out. Hope you are all well and back to 'pounding the pavement'. Keep posting. Love reading about everyone's progress.
kaybee

Post by kaybee »

W4D2 no knee problems today and running was smooth. It feels really great. I reached the 3 mile mark today, so I am getting faster. It was raining for the first time today but still not too bad. I 've been pretty lucky with weather so far. Snowstroms and rains always during times I had not schedules for running. I look forward to week five now. Hope you make your schedule fit altegolibby (what does that name mean??)
Altegolibby

Post by Altegolibby »

Week 5 run 2 completed. Honestly, when I heard 'Sheila' tell me what was scheduled today I pulled my phone out to check the app. I thought I had chosen the wrong week! Haha. :lol: I just thought we would do the same run 3 times like usual. I was shocked. I had actually created a play list looking up beats/minute so I would have faster songs for the running portions. That backfired. The great thing is, finished!!! I am about freaking out about the next one...Friday. Oh and the weather was gorgeous here again. Breezy and in the low 80sF. Suppose to be a cold front coming through so freezing temps by Friday. KB, My given name is Catherine Elizabeth, like y'all's princess, and everyone calls me Cathy but I always wanted to be called Libby soy family always said that was my alter ego, hence altegolibby. It's silly, I know. Keep running and posting y'all. I love hearing how everybody is doing. Want to hear how others feel about W5.
kaybee

Post by kaybee »

altegolibby,cool namestory! I told you, week five was going to be the burner! :evil:
I am right behind you. Tonight, finishing up the last "leisure" run of week four.
Altegolibby

Post by Altegolibby »

I did it! W5R3! I did something that really helped me. I downloaded music that matched my pace, something brisk but not too fast for the warm up and then something quicker for the 20 minutes of running (about 150 beats per minute, is the perfect pace for me) then something slower but fun for the cooldown. I shortened my stride a bit and got to it. Its doable yall! Dont get me wrong, i was gasping for breath but just kept my pace steady with the music. Cant wait to hear how yall make it through...do yall have any tips for me? Keep in touch. :D :D :D