Week 6

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Sarah

Week 6

Post by Sarah »

Well just did W6R1. It went well. However we have a big hiccup. A suburb wide flood. Can't show you how bad it is bytes too big but it was interesting trying to negotiate the wet paths and roads. Yes I had to run on the road avoiding the traffic. Hopefully the weather will have eased up by Wednesday. By the way it is not the sort of flood that will sweep me down a river and drown me. That is if you are worried about me. Might just go to Hagley park for the run if it has not eased up by then.
Sarah

Re: Week 6

Post by Sarah »

Well did W6R2 felt good doing it. Did stop for a few minutes had sore feet. But felt great. Excited about Friday. :D
Dstemmerich

Post by Dstemmerich »

Congrats on tackling the dreaded week 6! Has the flooding subsided?
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

What dreaded week? I'm finding it easy. Despite the weather. Weather is clearing up was able to run yesterday. Will be going to hagley park tomorrow though. Need a much more smoother surface. The foot paths were more uneven because of the flooding. My shins were sore because of the paths, so need something smooth for my legs. Hope it is not shin splints :(. I'm on the home ward stretch. Yay. :D
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Great news. I said at the beginning that one of my goals is to get into outward bound course via Kathmandu. I was short listed but did not get The full scholoship. However outward bound will give me $1000 towards it :D
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Arrrr. Mother Nature has thrown a major curve ball. There is snow from here to Timbuktu. Not literally of course. Ice on the paths. No way am I going to run with the paths like this. There will be hidden pot holes not risking my body now. Will do it tomorrow at hagley park. :x
JogDog

Post by JogDog »

Great job Sarah! I had a few delays with my runs but today I finished W6R3. It was pretty darn good and my faithful furry companions kept me motivated. During my cool down it really hit me how far I've come and that I CAN do this. I remember struggling with W1R1 and just making myself stick with it. Now I can jog for 25minutes no stopping. Thank you for emailing me... as I ran I remembered your words of kai kaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strength!
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Kia kaha is a great word. When the Maori say it they really say it with passion. Like KIA KAHA. By the way if any of you come to NZ pop on into Christchurch we could go for a run in hagley or in the port hills. :D