Wk 5 run 1

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Riley124

Wk 5 run 1

Post by Riley124 »

Just finished run 1 of wk 5. Can't believe I done it! Though the last 2 mins were hell!! Don't know about rest of week though think I might have to stick here for a while. How did others find it??
starknut

Re: Wk 5 run 1

Post by starknut »

I remember doing w5r3, thinking there was NO WAY I'd be able to finish... And I did just fine. Take it slowly! And I do mean slowly!
pphill

Post by pphill »

I to run week 5 run 1 today and found it hard going but so glad I finished it.
Sugar11

Post by Sugar11 »

Just about to move to W5R1 and I'm scared. Thought I might throw up last night after my run! 20mins non stop - eek!
starknut

Post by starknut »

Sugar11 wrote:Just about to move to W5R1 and I'm scared. Thought I might throw up last night after my run! 20mins non stop - eek!
Currently, I'm training for a half marathon, and every weekend when it comes time for the long run, I get that feeling. Six miles, what? WHAT? My gut reaction is always "I can't do that." And yet every single time, I end up enjoying that long run more than any other in the week.

W5R3 is just like that.

Don't head out and run full speed. You want to get out there and go slowly. It may feel ridiculous, but that's the trick: throttle your pace. Remember, you CAN do it, you have been working up to this for weeks now.