Week 6 done! Wow

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Prkwy

Week 6 done! Wow

Post by Prkwy »

Well 25 minutes are in the book! Wow! Starting week 7 on Wednesday, may have to make it Tuesday, but even so I am looking forward to it. A week of 25 min runs! Wow how far you come in this program! What a great experience so far. I look forward to week 7. I will keep you posted as tomhowmit went. Enjoy your run!
Havana

Re: Week 6 done! Wow

Post by Havana »

Hi prkwy! Well done!!!You are like one, no two runs ahead of me, so I get a lot of encouragement from your posts! I am runnng the 2x 10 mins tomorrow and the 'dreaded' 25 mins on Sunday :) after that its serious business I believe :shock: How is your body taking all this? Mine is ok except my knees... not really painful but just very tired I think...no stopping now though! I find the first 1 or 2 minutes of the first run are always the hardest, my breathing is still all over the place and my speed irregular.
Ah well, we will overcome all that I hope and run as seemingly effortless as the awesome folks who pass me every now and then , lol! Happy running! ;)
Prkwy

Re: Week 6 done! Wow

Post by Prkwy »

Hi Havana, congrats on your progress! I did W7r1 today and it we t well. Back on my regular pace. I also had issues with my breathing. I posted about it and another member suggested breathing in rhythm. So I tried it, now I take a 2 sec breath in and exhale 2 sec. I get into a rhythm and it works for me. Se people breathe on their right foot strike. Experiment a bit. I also find the first few minutes the toughest part of the run. I hope that gets easier, I am sure it will. So far I have been very fortunate not to have any injury or pain. Legs feel tired the night of my runs, but the next day I good to go. Keep up the good work! Enjoy your run!