Just finishing week 2

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Redro

Re: Just finishing week 2

Post by Redro »

Finished week 4..feeling strong. Had a great run with the labrador yesterday evening - in the Beaujolais hills, an hour NW of Lyon. Very cold - but crisp and clear. Lovely. Really chuffed to be running 16 minutes a session - and now looking forward to week 5. This is more exercise than I have done in years - and am feeling better already. Have a good week all.
tl302

Post by tl302 »

Tomorrow starts week 5 run 1. I am so looking forward to it. Will let you know how it goes.

Have a good week.

Tim
framingblackcab

Post by framingblackcab »

Hi tim and Redro
I am now a week behind you both thanks to re doing week three to get my daughter involved. I am really sad to be out of sync with you both. I must admit I found the second 5 min run really difficult and was really sad when I didn't manage it especially when the first part of it had gone so well, I just couldn't finish and had terrible stomach cramps. I am out tommorow for run two of week 4 so I will see how it goes. As for running in the hills I am just glad I live in the fens, flat, flat and even flatter!! :lol: not a hill in sight thank goodness I think it would kill me off.
Have a good week guys.
framingblackcab

Post by framingblackcab »

Just managed run two of week 4 I am so pleased I had to tell someone, I was worried I was going to get stuck after my last run :D
Redro

Post by Redro »

Well done framingbackcab! I was supposed to do run 1 week 5 today - but it was numbingly cold - there is a cold, damp fog sitting about 500 feet up, over Lyon - and I just couldn't be asked! Has not been over zero degrees all week so far. Will have to go tomorrow instead.
Redro

Post by Redro »

Decided to brave the cold and knock off run 1, week 5. Will probably run again tomorrow to catch up. Can't wait for spring - gettting a bit bored of winter, and all the paraphenalia one has to put on before setting off. Anyway, great run today - nearly half way through the programme. Onwards and upwards!
tl302

Post by tl302 »

Well just finished run 2 for week 5. Ran for 8 min twice and felt great when I finished. Its still cold here as well and am enjoying running on the treadmill. Friday is the big 20 min run...can't wait. Keep up the good work guys.

Tim
tl302

Post by tl302 »

wow what a run tonight. finished wk 5 run 3. Felt great after the run and am please how far I have come in 5 weeks. Thanks for the app.

Have a great weekend
tl302

Post by tl302 »

Ok just finished week 6 run 3. I can't believe I ran for 25 minutes tonight. I also can't believe I have been running for 6 weeks. I am enjoying this app and have no felt this good in years. Will let you know how I managed when I finish week 7.

Have a good weekend

Tim
Redro

Post by Redro »

Good work Tim. I finished my second run (shuffle), week 6. Had a very enjoyable creamy Bresse chicken in Bourge-en-Bresse for lunch plus a couple of glasses of red - so it was quite hard work this evening! Oh well, it least I worked some of it off.
Cheers
Nick