Holiday

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Ruthyo

Holiday

Post by Ruthyo »

I've just finished Week 1 Day 3 and it's going ok but I have a question;

When I get to the end of week 4/beginning of week 5, I'm off on holiday for a week so will have to take a break.
I won't have enough room in my luggage for my trainers so do you think I will damage all the progress I have hopefully made by then?

Thoughts please?
samjdalton

Re: Holiday

Post by samjdalton »

Try to make the space to take your gear with you - running somewhere different it really nice :)
kickboxerchick8

Post by kickboxerchick8 »

You will be surprised how much just a week off can set you back if you don't really need the break. I know when I take a week off from kickboxing, it kills me when I get back in the gym. I would definitely try to take my running shoes with me, if I were you. It's not a lot of gear that you need, so making space should not be that hard I don't think. You can always wear them and throw your other shoes in the bag, or something. Either way, I would definitely run while on holiday.
Ruthyo

Post by Ruthyo »

Just an update of my original post from a few weeks ago;

I took the advice of the replies and packed my running gear for my holiday to Greece. Just got back last night.
As I wasn't sure if the heat would affect my runnng, I ran early in the morning and for my first run, repeated the last run in week 4. Then I continued with 2 runs in week 5. It was lovely running next to the Aegean Sea, even though I run next to the sea at home!

But this morning, now at home again, I was faced with the dreaded Run 3, Week 5! 20 mins running with no walking? Eeekk!!
But I'm chuffed to say I completed it!! Not bad for a 52 year old who struggled to run the 1 min runs just a few weeks ago! Woo Hoo!!
Jimmy Ash

Post by Jimmy Ash »

Well done Ruth, the feeling of euphoria when you finish the run is amazing isn't it!
jaysonjaz

Post by jaysonjaz »

That sounds great!! Glad you stuck it out. Running along the Aegean Sea sounds wonderful :D