A great app week 7

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Ann Hardy

A great app week 7

Post by Ann Hardy »

I followed the get running app and have progressed to week 7 running 3 runs of 25 minutes. This is an accomplishment that I did not believe possible a few weeks ago. I am 51 and at a healthy weight. I worked out regularly but running had always been beyond my range. I am running slow at a 12 minute mile. I also struggle with runner's knee but I have grown to love running and looking forward to running in 5k events this fall. My advice to those who think they cannot run is to focus on each day and follow the program and you will be amazed and feel so great about doing something you never thought you could.
Latestarter

Re: A great app week 7

Post by Latestarter »

Hi Ann, like you I have just run week7 run1. It's my 60th birthday today and this app has got me running for the first time in my life. The wind at times was so strong I was basically running on the spot but still kept going for 25 mins. The feeling of accomplishment is so great that even though I don't think I will ever actually enjoy running I am so glad I stuck with it. If there is anyone stuttering I urge you to push on through. You've probably read it several times before, but if I can do this ANYONE can. And incase you think I was superfit just not a runner, think again; started the year three stone heavier than now and barely able to walk 25 minutes in one go.