Week 5 run 3 later today, scared!!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Jeaniedoll

Week 5 run 3 later today, scared!!!

Post by Jeaniedoll »

So, I'm trying to psych myself up for my first 20 min run today. I'm so nervous and scared I won't be able to do it! I've managed fine with the program up til now but found the two 8 min runs on Saturday tough. I've never been fit or ran a day in my life until 5 weeks ago. I'm 30 years old and decided it's my time to look after myself and be a fit healthy woman. I've started to really like running, I find this app addictive but I just need to believe in myself that I can do this today. I'm considering entering a 5k fun run in December so fingers crossed I'll get through today. I always find the first 3 mins really hard, partly because my route is up hill for the first little while. Anyways wish me good luck, I will report back, I plan to go at lunch time ;)
Jeaniedoll

Re: Week 5 run 3 later today, scared!!!

Post by Jeaniedoll »

Yay!!! I did it. I feel sooo good. The first 5 mins were tough but I trusted in the program and believed in myself and did it. Defo signing up fir the 5k fun run in Dec now. If any of you are doubting your ability to do week 5 run 3, don't. If I did it anyone could do it. I just kept a slow steady pace all the way. Thanks c25k!
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Nice one Jeaniedoll. Belated 'Good Luck' - but see - you didn't need it! As Coach Claire said - you are now a runner! :D
Jeaniedoll

Post by Jeaniedoll »

Aw Thanks keeptrying! When Claire said I'm a real runner now I was on cloud 9 and still am,Best feeling ever!
YikesMn

Post by YikesMn »

Hurrah for you!! Coach Clair's declaration put a grin on my face for the rest of the day!
Jeaniedoll

Post by Jeaniedoll »

Ya, Yikesmn nothing could have wiped that grin off my face even the wind and rain beating into my face here in Dublin on my way home! Can't wait for the next run now...
Emmaa05

Post by Emmaa05 »

I am just starting week 5 today, & must admit am very nervous. Because where I run is not flat, I really struggle on the inclines, & don't know how I will do. But have faith in the programme as it hasn't let me down yet, & maybe getting a little faith in me too! But not looking forward to the last run of the week!!
Well done on getting through it!
Jeaniedoll

Post by Jeaniedoll »

Hi Emmaa05,
You will sooo be able to do it. My route is pretty hilly too, the first half is all uphill. I was actually considering going to a park with a flat surface to do the 20 mins but decided to stick to what I was used to and where I had trained. I took the start real slow and got through it and I know you will too! Doing week 6 run 1 today, it's soooo cold out though, Brrrrr! Let me know how you do 
Emmaa05

Post by Emmaa05 »

Hi Jeaniedoll
Just done run 1 of week 5, & although had to stop a tiny bit (less than 5 seconds i think) on the last run due to the dog deciding to stop, it went ok!! Have to try & get Molly dog to realise a toilet break is not an option when I'm running!! Not sure how the 8 min runs will go, but wouldn't have believed 5 weeks ago I could have done 3 5 minute runs!
Hope your week goes well, let me know how you're doing!!
Emma x
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Emmaa05 wrote:Hi Jeaniedoll
Just done run 1 of week 5, & although had to stop a tiny bit (less than 5 seconds i think) on the last run due to the dog deciding to stop, it went ok!! Have to try & get Molly dog to realise a toilet break is not an option when I'm running!! Not sure how the 8 min runs will go, but wouldn't have believed 5 weeks ago I could have done 3 5 minute runs!
Hope your week goes well, let me know how you're doing!!
Emma x
Just keep your pace low. Sure - 8 mins sounds ages compared to what you were doing only a few weeks ago - but it is less than double your current 5 minute maximum. Just think of it as a 5 minute run (which you have already done) and a 3 minute run (which you have also already done) but no walking gap between them. You'll get there. :) Glad to hear that Molly dog is getting fit too! Mike