So disappointed - NOT ANYMORE!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Emmaa05

So disappointed - NOT ANYMORE!!

Post by Emmaa05 »

Today should have been my wk5r3 - the big 20 min run. But, it just didn't happen. It started out ok, but with having got to about 6 mins or so in, my Molly dog decided to take a toilet break. So I had to stop to clean it up. Thought I would start again from the beginning, but couldn't even last 5 mins. Kept trying, but just couldn't get going, so have just given it up as a bad day.
Feeling so disappointed in myself I feel like crying. Don't know if it is because I had built this run up in my head as being hard, or the break in concentration, or what. Might just go back to the 2nd run tomorrow, then do the second run with 3x8 min runs, before trying again.
Last edited by Emmaa05 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Re: So disappointed

Post by Ian »

Hi Emma,
Don't lose heart. I only managed 14 mins of my w5r3 and then I was finished. I didn't repeat and I managed the 25 min run at the end of the next week. I know how you are feeling right now. Do it again if you like (and do it slower). Maybe leave the dog behind for this one (you can pick up with him again later).

ps. I just ran my very first 5k in 32 mins. (and I'm an overweight smoker!).

You can do it! Everybody has bad days.
Petra

Post by Petra »

Hey Emma. I can understand how you must feel, but don't give up! As Ian said, the next run will probably go better. Maybe you can start again at day 1 of week 5.

Good luck!

Petra.
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Hey Emma. Stick with it. All elite athletes like us lot have a bad day! You'll get there. Maybe Molly Dog is not as well as well as you?

Cheers
Queeny

Post by Queeny »

Hi Emma,

I also have the w5 d3 run this Tuesday.

I'm worried that I might not be able to make the whole 20mins, but I also have already made my mind up not to be too disappointed if things don't go well.

It's such a big leap, that I'm just going to re-run the day again, if I have to.

Don't be too hard on yourself, try to think back to week 1 and how much you have improved since then and give it another go xx
Emmaa05

Post by Emmaa05 »

Thank you all for your encouraging words. I was planning to try again yesterday, but just didn't get time. Hoping I might be able to get out in the dark tonight!
Ian, would love to have a run without Molly dog, but as a single mum of a 4yr old, the only time I get to walk Molly is my run time, or else she doesn't get out :( not ideal, but such is life. Will be running around the roads tonight, so she won't stop as she only likes toilet breaks on the grass!
I won't give up on this! :)
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

That's the spirit Emma. I'm sue you'll be fine tonight. And if it doesn't go as well as you hope?.. Well - there's always another day and time. The important thing is how far you have come in only a few weeks! Good luck tonight :-) Mike
Emmaa05

Post by Emmaa05 »

YEEHAA!!! I did it! Yes, I actually did it! I ran (sometimes a very slow run, but still a run & not a walk!!) for a whole 20 mins & didn't stop!!! I can't believe it! I am so happy!
Thank you all so much for your encouragement and belief - I could imagine typing this as I was running around tonight, and how you were all cheering me on! So, thank you!
I'm a runner :D :D
YikesMn

Re: So disappointed - NOT ANYMORE!!

Post by YikesMn »

Emma is a runner!!! Congratulations!
Get running lee

Re: So disappointed - NOT ANYMORE!!

Post by Get running lee »

Way to go emma!