The running road

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Wateredwin

The running road

Post by Wateredwin »

The running road 

There is a  road, a street on my way from the office to home or vice versa that seems to be full of runners: in pairs, groups and singley but all pounding the pavement not all night, but every night . 

Why that road?

Why so many runners? 

Under ponderence, I now look at them with a desire to join them.  its more about the run - being as good as the best of them and better than the worst of them.

A man and his German Shepard ran that road tonight, pacing with the traffic passing it and being over taken by it, an image of speed and power the dog was leashed and was in front of him, pulling the runner forward with each bound yet fighting to keep the lead tight  so to help the runner keep going at the required  pace.

I thought about that situation tonight, thinking the runner represents those amongst us with strong desires to run, with power and speed and the dog representing  those who provide us with support and pull us along with their words and encouragements - 

Please forgive my parallel to dogs I mean no insults.... Good news ..... Rest day finally over! its running tomorrow and looking forward to it 
Wateredwin

Re: The running road

Post by Wateredwin »

Week 4 

Started week 4 yesterday - didn't push myself too much,  tried to finish it - however  looked at running technics on u tube - will attempt to adopt them on Monday's run - there is a lot of stuff about running to help.