Week 6

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Carole and Nia

Week 6

Post by Carole and Nia »

Hello all!

After our success at week 5 run 3 we were really looking forward to week 6 run 1, thinking it would be easy. Due to random events like birthday parties and torrential rain I ended up running it on my own last night and it was soo hard! I was ready to give up half way through the 8 minutes. I persevered and finished the run but I can't remember struggling so much before. Has anyone else found this?

I have a few ideas why it was so tough. I went out about an hour later than usual and I had partaken in my boys birthday tea so maybe the chocolate cake was a bad idea lol. Also I have got used to running with Nia so we can gee each other up. I took the headphones and listened to music but it didn't seem to help. I'm never running on my own again!

Anyway, onwards and upwards, think positive and I'm sure the next run will be better.

Carole x
SkiPixie

Re: Week 6

Post by SkiPixie »

Next time you have a good run, just write down some notes somewhere, on a scrap of paper, or in your diary, about how great you felt during the run and afterwards. Then if you do have a tricky one again, you can look at your words and remind yourself that it isnt always that way :D
Run Baby, Run Baby, Run Baby, Run
Carole and Nia

Re: Week 6

Post by Carole and Nia »

After our bad run 1 we set out for run 2 together and it was really tough. My phone froze halfway through the second run and to be honest we sort of gave up and walked the last few minutes home with our tails between our legs.

We talked about redoing this week and not bothering with the 25 min run, but then thought we would give it a go and see. If we couldn't do it we would redo the week. But it went really well. It was tough for the last 10 minutes but by 5 mins to go we knew we would do it. I'm glad we gave it a go and it just shows that 1 bad run dosent have to set you back.

Also it was a balmy 10 deg for run 2 and back to our more normal running temp of -2 tonight. I think we have got too used to the cold and can only run in negative temperatures lol!!!