Sticky: Introductions!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
ReneeR

Re: Sticky: Introductions!

Post by ReneeR »

Good Morning or evening!
I am in the 3rd week of training of this wonderful program. I am doing well - feeling good - but have a question: What if I need to repeat the previous run for a couple of times before I continue? Will the software allow me to repeat a run? I feel like I need to extend the training abit. I have already slowed my pace to almost a brisk walk.
Thanks, Renee
starknut

Post by starknut »

Renee, yes! Get Running does let you repeat runs. Just tap the week you would like to repeat and go! You can do that as many times as you need to before moving on. Good luck to you, and happy running!
goNELYgo

Post by goNELYgo »

Hello everyone!
I'm Nely and new to running. In fact, tomorrow I'll be at the gym by 4:30 am to continue w/my training...it'll be day 3. I figured I'll be done by the end of May so I'm also searching for my very first 5k!
Wish me luck! :D
Petebuk

Post by Petebuk »

Hello all!

Downloaded the app and just completed my first EVER walk / run! I love the app already. I truly will be a couch to 5k. I work in IT and sit for very longhours as I am sure many of us do.

A bit about me: I grew up in the UK and now live in the USA and am trying to get back into shape!

P
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

Morning All
Im Plodder and in a moment of madness agreed to run in the 5km Race for Life in June in Gloucestershire.
I am not and never have been a runner, this app is enormously helpful and inspiring
Plus a posh new pair of running shoes im ready to go!
I play about 7 hrs badminton a week, i foolishly thought i was halfway to being fit!!
Lord no!!! im panting gasping and wheezing after half a km.
5 km seems an awful long way at the moment.
runjustrun

Post by runjustrun »

Hi, i'm Justin, live in Birmingham UK and have just started the get running program.I've had past unsuccessful attempts at other c25k programs but ended up doing too much too soon. This time i'm more sensible lol and more motivated. I've done the first two runs so far and feel great:)
shep

Post by shep »

Just finished wk 2 and found this forum. Good to know others are going through the pain and exhilaration of starting to run. Because of health issues, never drempt I could attempt to run, but so far, so good. Feel great being outside, and feel even greater when it's over.
Week 3 looks challenging! 2 days rest, then bring it on
If I could get the icon to work.. it would be smiley face! :-)
Jcoo

Post by Jcoo »

Hello everyone, I'm judy, Australia, very unfit and just starting ...wish me luck:)
NoMoreCouchPotato4Me

Post by NoMoreCouchPotato4Me »

Hey everyone, my name's Sacha, I'm from Leicester in England and I turn 30 in July. I've never ran in my life apart from running for the bus!! I used to go to the gym a few years ago which lasted about 6 months due to the expense. I'm 3 stone over weight and have had enough of saying I want to get fit and look good. I done some research on running and came across C25K. I read everybody's comments and success stories and you all made it sound so appealing! I started this morning W1R1 complete and I feel so good. I never thought I would be able to do it but I pushed myself and I'm very proud if myself. :D Can't wait to get back out there on weds!!
Jcoo

Post by Jcoo »

Hi Sacha, I just did w1r1 this morning as well. I'm not sure I'm feeling as excited as you about Wednesday :)))