Anyone recommend a 5k - 10k App????

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
June194

Anyone recommend a 5k - 10k App????

Post by June194 »

I have just finished my 20 min run so I suppose I may be getting a bit a head of myself here but I really want to build on my progress when I finish this 5k one (notice I said "when" and not "if" - that's confidence for you!! :lol: )
I would love to complete a 10k race at some point - this has been a great app and it has really worked for me (and clearly loads of others too) - has anyone gone on to 10k and found a good app they would recommend?
Petra

Re: Anyone recommend a 5k - 10k App????

Post by Petra »

You can try the 'Bridge to 10K' app. It is from a different company and it isn't as nice as the c25k app, but it does what it has to do.
starknut

Re: Anyone recommend a 5k - 10k App????

Post by starknut »

Since I finished C25k, I've been using Nike+ GPS. Nothing special, and I definitely miss the prompts from Coach Claire, but at the end of every run, it gives you a nice little message of encouragement from some athlete. I've not been pushing myself on to greater distances, however. I've been battling chest colds and missing runs left and right! I do like this app, though, and would recommend it to anyone looking to make improvements in their runs.