Week 5 run 3

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Ireenu

Week 5 run 3

Post by Ireenu »

Just finished week 5 run 2. 2 x 8 minutes. Can someone let me know if This weeks third run is indeed a 20 minute run? As week 6 starts with 3 shorter runs I'm not dure.
Carriearmywife

Re: Week 5 run 3

Post by Carriearmywife »

Yes indeed it is a twenty minute run! I am in the same boat, tomorrow is my week 5 day 3 run. Just be sure to start at a good pace not too fast. I wish you luck and am crossing my fingers for my run as well! I don't understand the reasoning behind a twenty min long run then right back to intervals either.
Hayles2401

Post by Hayles2401 »

I am due to do the week 5 run 3 on saturday...it looks quite scary compared to the others. Will soon see how it goes...massive acheivement once completed though. Let me know how you get on with yours. Good luck x
Sladonians

Post by Sladonians »

I was dreading week 5 run3 as well (now on week 8), however I was amazed at how my body coped with it.

Once I got to about 15 minutes it was like my body was on autopilot and it just instinctively took over. It felt amazing. You will be absolutely fine im sure. Trust me if I can do it anyone can!!!
Torykins

Post by Torykins »

I'm glad you are all panicking about this run because I'm due to do it tomorrow and worried I wont be able to do it! I've completed each run so far but never easily. Any tips or words of support from those on 'other side ' of this run will I'm sure be gratefully appreciated by all of us at this stage in the program!! xx
Maria

Post by Maria »

It sounds very familiar. I too was dreading it and wondered why but even though all my previous runs had been tough I still managed it. I remembered reading that people had said your body takes over and it does! Trust that you can do it because you really can! I was very sceptical but I did it and so will you! You will feel an enormous sense of achievement when you finish and it really will be great. The run after will feel so much easier and you will already know that you can do it. I have got one more run left since I started nine weeks ago. I feel great and you will too. Keep going. You will do it!
Carriearmywife

Post by Carriearmywife »

We just completed the twenty mins and to tell you the truth it was amazing and I feel great! We completed Just over 2 miles!!! 2.11 whoo hoo!
Torykins

Post by Torykins »

Well I've done it!! I can't believe it!! I wasnt really fast like the above post, but kept a steady pace and didnt stop. 5 weeks ago I couldn't run to the end of my street and today I ran for 1.5 miles!! Unbelievable.. If I can do this so can you! I am 3 stone overweight. So all you out there who think you can't... You're wrong and YOU CAN DO THIS!! I'm so proud of myself and the feeling when you complete is amazing! Good luck. Xx
Last edited by Torykins on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ireenu

Post by Ireenu »

I have done it!!! This morning I ran the 20 minutes. And it went very well, I ran almoust 3 km ( dont know how far that is in miles). I want to thank you all for your positive messages, it really helped and gave me confidence!! Keep in running!
Maria

Post by Maria »

Well done all! I have finished today whoop whoop!