Advice Needed for Pregnant Runner!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
helenmac

Advice Needed for Pregnant Runner!

Post by helenmac »

Hi Guys,

I am just starting week 9 and found out I am 6 weeks pregnant :D I was wondering if there are any other pregnant runners out there and what is the general advice regading whether I should keep it up or stop for now? I have just got to a point where I am confident I can run for 30 mins constantly and don't want to let my fitness level drop, I also like being active and would like to stay active throughout the pregnancy. Obviously it's early days at the moment but any advice would be grearly received. I haven't seen a midwife yet but I am sure she will offer some advice on this when I do see her.

Thanks
Helen
benjohn

Re: Advice Needed for Pregnant Runner!

Post by benjohn »

Wow – double congratulations are in order!

Definitely talk to your midwife.

My wife and I started out on C25K together three years back, but stopped (for the first time) when she became pregnant with our older son. I think she found it very uncomfortable! I hope you'll be able to find a replacement exercise, at least for the first few months. Perhaps a cross trainer instead, or swimming?