Sick but curious

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Tina

Sick but curious

Post by Tina »

I just finished the first week of running and was excited to move onto the second week today but my cold is finally getting me. I woke up today and my cold has moved into my chest and I'm caughing. Does anyone know what happens if I miss a day? I'm worried how long it might take for me to get better and I want to keep going but don't want to weaken my body any more. Ugh! Frustrated!
benjohn

Re: Sick but curious

Post by benjohn »

Don't worry about missing a day at all, it's really not a big deal, particularly when you're closer to the start. You should definitely let yourself recover and then dive back in to it with your full healthy vigour!

Later on in the program, missing a longer period, like a week, can make your first run on resuming a little tough. I suggest that if this happens, you could either drop back and do an extra run of the previous week, or run an extra run of the week you're in. But if you're happy to pick it up and keep going, just do this.

All the best!