Sticky: Introductions!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Jeanne624

Re: Sticky: Introductions!

Post by Jeanne624 »

Hi everyone!

I am a 41 year old brand new runner. I am excited to start. I hope
I can get some good results.
Kabama

Post by Kabama »

Hey, I'm Kabama, i have posted below a little Arggghh first timer post.

I am so excited, and nervous to try this out. I've just turned 30 and am kissing my life away being a sloth.

Kabama x
takethatfan1978

Post by takethatfan1978 »

Hi everyone,I'm Heather,I'm 32 and live outside of Edinburgh. I started running at the end of the year and managed to get up to 3 mile runs. I have not ran for 2 months due to a few thongs(one being back pain) so decided to start at the beginning again and take it easy!

Will hopefully start week one tomorrow. I am desperate to get back out there!!
:-)
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Hi folks. Mike here. Age 46 (HOW did THAT happen!). Tried running in the past - last time was 18m ago and overdid it, pulled a calf muscle and it hurt for 1y afterwards. Decided to try again - this time with the guidance of someone who knows what they are doing! Did W1R2 yesterday. Looking forward to W9R3!
Lisap1

Post by Lisap1 »

Hi guys

I'm Lisa, just downloaded this app! Excited and nervous I'm hoping it really does work! I'm 25 and used to be really quite good at running at school and quite sporty then I got into relationships and starting going out etc! I now have a 2yr old and have piled the weight on! I still play netball an have for 15yrs so no challenge for me anymore! So fingers crossed this helps me and I enjoy it like I used to at school!
rebelyell

Post by rebelyell »

Hi, I'm Liam, Irish working in IT in the centre of Europe. Basically, I have let the years hanging out in too many late night pubs and clubs catch up with me. Too many crisps. Too many beers. Too many late nights and 2 am kebabs. And with a 9 hr a day deskjob for the past 15 years, I have turned a wee bit flabby. Well more of a blob. I downloaded this app 4 weeks ago and love it. Brilliantly put together. I have developed 3 iOS apps in my job and must say Get Running rocks. So far I have done 2 weeks of runs and plan to wake up 6 am tomorrow to kick off week 3. Great to be part of this forum and meet my co-runners. Thanks for the encouragement.
Gemgem368

Post by Gemgem368 »

I'm Gemma and I'm 26 and I haven't run since I was abt 14 and I got an injury on my right leg! I've wanted to run ever since but have found it really hard to get motivated! This app was great fir gettin me going and yeah I know I'm only on week four but I'm loving every second of it!!!Thank u can't wait to finish the program now!!
Petra

Post by Petra »

I'm Petra, 44, living in The Netherlands. I want to work on my fitness before leaving for Austria in September for some mountain hikes. My hiking training schedule doesn't always combine with the running training schedule (yesterday, I did a 15mile hike, and wasn't able to do the running training as well), but so far, I manage. I'm now in week 3, which went well until last Friday, when I had my worse run ever. Hopefully, tonight it will go better....
The park next door, where I do my runs, organises a 5mile run in November. I would like to sign up for that run, but probably a 5 mile run in November is a little too ambitious....
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Hi I'm Fuzzy and I live in rural Western Australia, just a little out of Geraldton. I'm
29 now and I guess around 10kg overweight. Until about 4 years ago I was quite fit, playing (grass) hockey and hiking in the Himalayas. I injured my back in 2006 and though it is fine now it really disrupted my health and exercise regime.

I have always thought running was really boring, "give me a ball and I will chase it" was my motto! I don't have the tine for team sports now and living out of town, gym and classes are a bit hard to access. I have got to the end of week 1 and I am really enjoying it! Getting into the solitude and meditation, really great!

I am combining get running with the CSIRO total health and wellbeing diet. After one week (with a cheaty weekend) I have lost 1kg and feel great!

Great forum!
Akbmccain

Post by Akbmccain »

My name is Brandi and I just downloaded this app today. I am excited about using it! I have never been a runner before but have some great friends that really enjoy it. I hope to be like that one day. It is going to be hard because I live in Texas and we have not had a day with a high less than 100 since June. Will have to do most of my running in the dark. Hoping for cooler weather soon.
I have read nothing but positive reviews on the app! Looking forward to posting positive achievements!