Week 4 Run 1

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Shazw74

Re: Week 4 Run 1

Post by Shazw74 »

I've just finished week 3 and although completed each run I struggled
on the last 3 minute run. Can't see how I'm going to manage 5 mins on Sunday. Will be disappointed in myself if I can't complete it. Seeing everyone else's post though really keeps me determined to carry on. :)
SSMRuns

Post by SSMRuns »

I DID IT!!!! Whooo - W4R3 start to finish with no breaks or stopping, no walking during runs... WHOOOOO! After runs 1 & 2 I was starting to doubt myself but I just took each 3 and 5 min runs as one run and got through them.

So so happy

Yes, I am still going to repeat the week, get all three runs done and then move on. So glad that I stuck to it this morning!

Happy running one and all!
Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

Just finished W4R3 and had the best run ever! Looking forwards to week 5. Can't believe the improvements I've made.
floozy77

Post by floozy77 »

I was dreading week 4 as I struggled with week 3. Now when I look back at week three I think the wintery weather didn't help as my asthma really flared up plus I was working away so had to run somewhere unfamiliar. I did w4r1 on thursday, late in the week for me, but I loved it. Weather was calm and I tried a quiet wee road near a friends house which I will be using more often. I did w4r2 today on the treadmill and loved it too, I was dying to do it last night but was home too late so didn't want to make too much noise. I am going to do w4 run3 this evening as I won't have time tomorrow - 2 runs in same day is prob not ideal but I want to move on the w5 next week :)
Can't believe how much I love this. Great for dealing with stress and work frustration. I haven't run in about 12 years :oops: