Bra for breastfeeding mum

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
MClan

Bra for breastfeeding mum

Post by MClan »

Hi. Well I have finally decided that after 3 babies in almost as many years my body needs serious work. Before I even attempt proper running I will do a few weeks on my elliptical machine because couch potato would be too fit to describe me. Anyway I digress. I am still breastfeeding my almost 1 year old and intend to continue for the forseeable future. Although I don't get engorged I need to really strap them in without getting any blockages. Any recommendations?
Karen
Carriearmywife

Re: Bra for breastfeeding mum

Post by Carriearmywife »

I too am a breastfeeding mother of three (only nurse the one now) and I have found that Champion carries great sports bras. I usually layer two moderate support bras, I don't want em to move much. I have never had a problem with any sort of infections. I do only wear them to work out 35-40 mins.
http://www.championusa.com/Champion/cat ... aspx?ID=99

They are pretty reasonably priced too. Hope it helps!
MClan

Re: Bra for breastfeeding mum

Post by MClan »

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I had a look but they only go up to cupsize C. I am currently FF/G. I posted the same question on a breastfeeding board and the consensus seems to be wearing 2 bras. It's nice to hear busy mums are getting some me time. Karen